A good alien robot Eldritch abomination is a dead alien robot Eldritch abomination and there will be hundreds of their ruins piled in a heap as players make their great escape in REPLIKATOR. Originally released in May 2022 after a successful Early Access launch, the twin stick sci-fi roguelike makes its way to consoles. Twin stick action games are always a welcome treat to explore as hair-raising reflexes are rewarded just as much as being patient and steadily mowing down a mob of enemies determined to bring you to your end.
As expected of roguelikes, death is only the beginning and REPLIKATOR is no different. Players can expect to make permanent progress from each attempt, making future ones easier each time. There are 12 levels with five bosses and an expected cleartime of nine hours to defeat the final boss. REPLIKATOR will have over 30 hours worth of content as each of the twelve biomes will be procedurally generated. This means, much like games including Dead Cells, while no two runs will be the exact same, each playthrough will have a player become familiar with their environments.
Here's some more official information about REPLIKATOR as well as release plans.
- Dynamic battles. You will have to constantly move and aim well to survive!
- Danger at every turn. Many different enemies and traps will not let you get bored.
- Dozens of upgrade items. Explore stations looking for new upgrades for your character.
- Meta progression. In this game, each death will only make you stronger, because after death you will be able to buy permanent improvements for your character and the hub ship.
- Procedural generation! The location of rooms, enemies and traps, as well as weapons and all items, are generated procedurally.
- Space raccoon! and three more playable characters. All of them differ in starting characteristics, preferred weapons and special techniques.
- Intriguing story. Explore the abandoned science complex and find out what happened here!
Players can expect to brave the treacherous space station where the mazes and traps are out to kill the survivors just as much as the enemies within on the Nintendo Switch, Sony PlayStation 4 and 5, and Xbox Series X/S. REPLIKATOR releases on Friday, May 26th, 2023.